An active 36-year-old, Peter fell out of shape because of the enforced lethargy of the Covid-19 lockdown.
When the world opened up a bit, he made a beeline to Ultimate Performance.
It was an obvious choice – Peter had known U.P.’s founder Nick Mitchell for years and felt confident that U.P.’s holistic, outcome-based approach would get him quickly to his fitness goals.
“It’s been a great experience, and I am incredibly happy. I didn’t think that I’d be able to achieve this level of results in this short time frame. And by the way, U.P. made it fun along the way.
“I had a strict diet, but I still had a social life. It was fun in the gym, and I got the best body of my life without sacrificing my normal social life.”
Peter joined U.P. for our flagship body transformation program and used all U.P. had to offer.
He started his fitness journey with around 20% body fat, but by the end of his program, he halved his body fat levels – keeping his weight pretty much consistent and packing on an incredible 14lbs (6kg) of lean mass in the process.
“I was confident that I’d make improvements, but some of the goals and targets that we laid out initially did sound aggressive and perhaps optimistic to me, but obviously, in the end, I ended up doing even better than I had hoped for at the beginning.”
“I think the process was very straightforward. We worked out three days a week in the gym for the first nine weeks and followed a very strict sort of monitoring of daily calorie intake, macros, protein, sleep, etc.
“Really, it was just living very healthily and, of course, adjusting and tweaking things as we went along that really helped. But very few supplements; much fewer, frankly, than what I’d been taking in the past.”
Peter had worked with personal trainers in the past, but his experience with a world-class trainer at U.P. took it to a whole new level – and the results showed.
“I was much more strict with the diet this time. Also, Eddie, my trainer, was very good at staying in touch every day, and I think it was really the level of hard work on both our parts that made the difference.
“He held me accountable for the diet and the training every day. Also, the cardio in between sessions really made a difference.
“I started seeing results very quickly. Within two weeks, my body fat went down from 20% to 16% and then obviously continued to go down rapidly from there.
“I think this is a great program. All the U.P. trainers are very, very careful about lifting weights properly. Having good form and good technique is a priority. You can go heavier and heavier as you progress but in a very safe way. It’s just a much more structured, consistent and thoughtful way to train.”
So what was the secret ingredient behind Peter’s success? He believes it is the partnership between trainer and client that created a virtuous circle of accountability.
“U.P. is all about hard work, accountability and consistency. Obviously, there’s a tremendous knowledge base and excellent technique that the trainers bring, but I think it’s really about accountability.
“Holding each other accountable for the performance and staying on track – that’s the magic at the end of the day.”
SEE HOW OUR PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME COULD GET YOU ON THE FAST-TRACK TO THE BODY YOU WANT BY FILLING OUT THE FORM BELOW…
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs