Kyri had been overweight and unhappy with his body for over 15 years. He had done every fad diet in the book and joined a few gyms over the years, but had little success. He knew he needed a change.
His appearance was making him feel depressed and he had started to notice his weight was affecting his health. Ultimately, he wanted to set an example for his seven-year-old son and change his life.
Eight months after joining U.P. Kensington, Kyri is a different man. He has lost an amazing 33kg, almost halved his body fat and dropped 28cm off his waist. His physical transformation isn’t the only thing that has changed.
“To look in the mirror and not feel depressed, it’s been huge. I’ve had that feeling since I was in my early 20s, so at least 15-plus years — I’ve looked in the mirror before and not liked what I was seeing in front of me. Now to feel a sense of pride every day is massive.”
Before starting at U.P., Kyri felt stuck in a cycle of negativity. When he was stressed, he would go on big ‘blow-outs’, bingeing on food or going out and drinking alcohol. Every time he looked in the mirror, he felt unhappy with how he looked, and would seek comfort in food, which only made his self-esteem worse.
Kyri leaves the cycle of negativity behind – instead, he looks forward to a happier and healthier future.
There is a wall of transformations with before and after pictures in every U.P. gym. Every session, Kyri would look at the wall and feel inspired, and within a few weeks, he knew he was well on his way to being on it.
“You look at the wall and start seeing how people have changed and start thinking — I can do this, I can do something and I can make a change, a change I had been waiting for such a long time.”
Kyri started to notice the difference within a matter of weeks. The weight on the scales was dropping, he could see changes in his progress pictures and noticed his clothes were fitting him better.
“Suddenly, you start seeing the progression. What was surprising was seeing that the progression carried on.”
This was the difference for Kyri. When he had exercised and dieted previously, after a couple of weeks, the scale would stay the same and the weight loss would plateau. But by learning about training and nutrition and monitoring details such as his activity levels outside the gym, he continued to progress and started to believe in himself.
“You can change. It is possible. I went through trying so many different fad and diets and not having much success, thinking, is this the time to just give up? Is this it? Do I just accept who I am? But you don’t need to accept that.
The dramatic difference in Kyri’s weight, before and after training at U.P.
“With U.P., I’ve found a place where you feel inspired and when you start training and doing it all, you start seeing results and you start to feel this is really, really achievable.”
In eight months Kyri has completely changed his life, his body and his mindset, and is even seeing benefits in his family life.
“It is one of the best investments that I’ve made in terms of time and in terms of money — when I look at how I felt before, how I feel now and how much healthier I am. It has brought positivity to my relationship with my wife and son too. I cannot see why anyone wouldn’t do it. The only regret is why I didn’t do it 10 years ago.”
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs