U.P. LA and Washington are open and in accordance with the latest government guidance, we’re limiting capacity for as long as the government recommends.
With the extensive hygiene measures we have put in place, we believe it to be safe to train as normal – just with fewer clients training simultaneously.
Just like you, we are continually monitoring all global developments in the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19. Following guidance and daily updates from health authorities in all nine of the countries in which we operate, we have already raised our standards of cleanliness and hygiene to ensure the health and safety of Ultimate Performance clients, trainers and head office staff alike.
All of the measures described throughout this page have been in place for months, and will continue to be in place for the foreseeable future. We are using the measures imposed in our Singapore gym, and by the Singaporean Government as a whole, as the current gold standard for every Ultimate Performance location worldwide.
We will endeavour to answer all of the commonly-asked COVID-19 and coronavirus questions below, and will continue to update this page as further pressing questions arise.
- Anyone displaying flu-like symptoms will need to stay away from the gym for at least 7 days, unless they pass a COVID-19 test.
- Members will be asked to alert the general manager at their gym if they test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last visit. Upon receipt of this, we will notify all potentially exposed people by email.
- All clients will be scanned on arrival. If anyone shows an elevated temperature (38ºC/100ºF) they will be asked to go home immediately and follow the correct procedure, as recommended by the health authority.
- All staff members will be scanned for elevated body temperatures a minimum of twice per day. If any member of staff with a temperature reading of 38ºC/100ºF they will be sent home immediately and asked to follow local guidelines on self isolation and medical testing.
- Hand sanitisers will be situated throughout the gym and should be used periodically between using different pieces of equipment. The hand sanitizer solution we provide kills 99.9% of germs and is above the CDC’s guidelines of 60%.
- All trainers will wash or sanitise their hands thoroughly every hour.
- Every client should wash or sanitise their hands thoroughly both before and after their session.
- Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas and on gym equipment in between sets and before and after use.
- High contact touch points will be cleaned by a member of staff a minimum of once every hour.
- Trainers will clean equipment before and after use.
- Gyms will be deep cleaned daily with application of cleaners approved for use against Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) (cleaning agents and application to include Purtabs and Pur:One tablets by way of Protexus sprayers).
Distancing and PPE
- Trainers and clients must respect social distancing guidelines put in place by the government.
- Trainers and clients will follow the physical distancing cues marked out on the floor throughout the entire gym.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn by all members of staff when conducting personal training sessions.
- If a face mask is mandatory to be worn by members of the public in the country in which the gym operates then this must also be adhered to at all times.
- Limiting occupancy in line with government guidelines and social distancing requirements between sessions.
- Personal training sessions will follow a rota, with staggered session start times, to ensure we limit the number of trainers and clients in the gym to ensure we can follow social distancing measures.
- Clients will be asked to leave the gym promptly after each session.
- Trainers are only allowed in the gym when they have sessions to lead.
- As per government recommendations, we will not be admitting clients or trainers that have travelled outside of the country in the past 14 days.
- Supplement sales may be suspended subject to location.
- Towel service and usage may be suspended subject to location.
- In-gym consultations may be affected by location and may be only available via virtual appointment in accordance with social distancing measures.
- We will not be accepting cash payments.
- We have waived any cancellation charges for all medical professional / public health clients involved in fighting the epidemic.
- Any client who feels unwell and has to cancel a session at short notice will not be charged.
- Any client who has to take care of their children if schools are closed at short notice will not be charged.