Giulia discovered the joy of training at 41.
As a working mother, she felt completely rundown and knew it was time to start taking care of herself.
She didn’t have to look far for help or inspiration – her husband was already well on his way into his own transformation journey at Ultimate Performance Dubai.
She had seen the results first hand, and all she needed to convince herself was to visit to U.P. Dubai herself.
“I decided to come here to have a chat and to have a look at the gym, and I immediately saw that there was something different about this place and I decided to try it out.”
Now 13 weeks later she has lost an astounding 6 inches on her waist and reduced her body fat by 11%.
“I lost more than 26 lbs in three months, which is way higher than my expectations. I still can’t believe it! But it’s not just about having a leaner body or looking better or getting stronger, it’s about the entire process that gets you there, and I just enjoyed every single moment.”
It all started when Giulia hit a roadblock with her usual physical activities; she never thought of herself as a ‘gym person’, but her typical outdoor cardio was just not making a dent on her weight. Add to that; she just felt generally unhappy and tense trying to juggle work, home and social life.
“Before starting here I was very stressed, I couldn’t sleep, I was quite moody, and I was struggling to find a balance between different parts of my life.
“I had a feeling that I wasn’t focusing enough on myself and I thought that working on my body could help me get in better shape – both mentally and physically.”
GIULIA HAS LEARNED HOW TO KEEP HER RESULTS FOR LIFE. ENQUIRE ABOUT PERSONAL TRAINING WITH U.P. TODAY.
Giulia has always been a healthy eater and with her husband following the U.P. nutrition plan she felt she was in the green food-wise. However, she still got some surprises when her personalized nutrition plan unfolded.
“Honestly, I don’t think my diet before U.P. was that bad. I was eating healthy food. No junk food, no home deliveries.
“But after the transformation and understanding all the work here, I realized I was eating too much. I was eating too many carbs – not just pasta and pizza which, because I am Italian, I absolutely love – but it was also carbs you get from fruit or alcohol.”
With this being the first time she had ever followed a diet plan, Giulia was a bit apprehensive about her ability to stick to it, but with her husband also following a similar U.P. diet plan, changing her eating habits didn’t end up being a big deal. Unexpectedly she saw her kids making healthy food choices too.
“It was a bit different. But it’s amazing how the body adjusts so quickly. You see the results, you see the benefits, and you want more.
“So you end up sticking to the diet plan. And that helps you to continue and keep going. Being two people at home doing the diet it was much easier because we both supported each other.
“I think that here at U.P. you learn how to control your approach to food. So even if I was on holiday, I managed to lose weight.”
Giulia and her husband’s new healthy eating plan has had a profound effect on the family too.
“When the kids found out that I was starting as well, they were like no, please! But I think the transformation also had an effect on them – they are very aware of what is good and what is not good in terms of food. They don’t just open the fridge and grab whatever they find. They think about it.”
Giulia’s relationship with her body has never been better, and her family life has improved too, making her happier and healthier in many ways. Fill in the enquiry form below for more about how U.P. can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.