What is the best breakfast to eat on a body transformation?
Sadly, croissants, sugary cereals, and toast an jam aren’t on the list of optimal breakfast foods to build the ultimate body – read U.P.’s Philosophy on Breakfast to find out why.
There is no one ‘perfect breakfast’ on a body transformation, and it always comes down to what works best for you.
Some of U.P.’s Clients of the Month share what they used to eat for breakfast, and what they changed with their morning meal upon starting their transformation journeys at Ultimate Performance to get such impressive results.
Nap, Ultimate Performance Sydney
My breakfast wasn’t actually much different before and after my transformation.
My daily breakfast is whole rolled oats with banana, blueberries, and sometimes other fruits. I then top it off with a cup of almond milk.
To help with hitting my overall nutrient goal, I add ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, maca powder, and cacao powder.
As I train in the morning, I also come to my training session with a BCAA and creatine mix in my water.
Ghazi, Ultimate Performance London Kensington
I experienced the benefits of having a high protein and moderate fat breakfast.
Before, I’d mostly eat carbs, but during the transformation program it was based around protein. I am sure this had an effect when combined with the rest of my meals on my nutrition plan.
Emma, Ultimate Performance Manchester
Before my transformation with U.P., I always skipped breakfast in the week, opting for a cup of tea.
During my transformation, and something I have continued afterwards, is that I make sure I always eat breakfast.
The EatUP breakfasts make that really easy to do, however, if I am short for time, I will at the very least have a protein shake.
Alan, Ultimate Performance Singapore
I don’t normally eat breakfast. Instead I usually have a double shot of coffee in the morning to stay awake for the rest of the day.
What I did differently when I started the U.P. program was that I swapped out the super sugary Nescafe double with milk, and started drinking just pure black coffee with no sugar and no milk.
That made quite a big difference in my case because I drink coffee every morning and that used to translate into at least 16g of sugar per serving, seven days a week!
Mark, Ultimate Performance Hong Kong Central
I changed out oats and toast. I basically cut carbs, plus black coffee, and had no dairy.
I felt good. I was less bloated and my energy levels were good.
Breakfast on my body transformation was usually eggs plus some protein. Either smoked salmon, bacon or kippers, plus maybe tomatoes or mushrooms.
Jas, Ultimate Performance Dubai
During my transformation, I ate a five-egg omelette (three full eggs and two egg whites) with sautéed spinach, and green and red peppers (basically a garden omelette).
This was completely different to what I used to have at breakfast time which was just a coffee.
I was never a breakfast person and, other than a coffee and the occasional croissant, I would not eat anything until around midday.
I never felt hungry before and was simply starving my body, in hindsight.
The first weeks I really struggled to get food down me, but now I need this for energy.
I wake up extremely hungry and need to fuel my body.
Since starting training, there had not been a day when I’ve missed breakfast. My weight has continued to decrease, my energy levels have increased, and overall I feel great. I would tell everyone to ensure they start the day well.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs