My sister, Olivia, has been training at UP for a while and started badgering me to go to the boxing sessions. I gave in when I realised I needed to do some serious toning up ahead of being a bridesmaid and my current regime just wasn’t getting the results I wanted. I’d been impressed with the results of her PT, but didn’t think it was for me – after just one session I was hooked!
What do you feel that you have achieved:
I used to think I could achieve my goals by running and using treadmills in a normal gym, but in these boxing sessions I’m pushed much harder than I would push myself working on my own and it’s been much more effective in a shorter space of time. It’s a really intense workout – high impact and varied exercises in between bouts on the pads, it really gets the blood pumping. I was physically shaking after the first couple of sessions.
It’s definitely improved my general fitness in a short space of time, and increased strength and muscle tone. I feel great and friends have commented that I’m looking much better. It’s much more fun than pounding the treadmill and the time goes really fast.
What have you learned:
Not to taunt your boxing trainer before the session
Anyone can throw a punch, but James really focuses on the techniques so sessions are mentally as well as physically demanding and I’ve grown to appreciate how difficult the skill of boxing is to master. But that makes me all the more determined to learn!
What’s next for you:
I’ve found boxing extremely addictive and having originally expected to do a few sessions as a ‘short-term fix’, I definitely now see training with James as part of my long-term routine. I’ve got a long way to go to technically, as well as continuing to make progress on my overarching goals of getting fitter and leaner.
And of course there’s the competition with my sister – after regular weight training at UP she is much stronger than she was when I used to beat her up as a kid, so the natural order has to be restored!
What would you be willing to tell others about your experience with us:
Already have! Even got my colleague down to show him what real training is like. Now he’s a fan!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs