I wanted a highly-trained and high-performing personal trainer with the background and skill to tailor a program to my specific needs. UP met these criteria.
I wanted a focused and “serious” gym environment rather than a social environment.
As my workouts at UP have evolved, I have dropped doing a lot of cardio and circuit classes in other gyms in favour of my customized workouts at UP.
What do you feel that you have achieved:
My personal trainer is relentless in challenging me each and every week. Over time I continue to progress in weights lifted, in number of reps and number of sets. For example, he challenges me on leg presses: I am currently pressing over 300 lbs (as a not-so-young female). These intense workouts seem to be reducing soreness in my knees, etc. Marvellous! He always seems to know just how much to increase the physical (and mental) challenge to accomplish the task.
Posture is a challenge for all of us who work in office environments, whatever our occupations. The intense focus on upper back and shoulder work that he prescribes for me has resulted in much improved posture as well as greater back strength that I notice when I do things like “plank” in Yoga and Pilates.
What have you learned:
Part of the overall package provided by UP Fitness revolves around diet / nutrition counselling and recommendations on supplementation. Key items I have learned for specific needs are (1) taking lots of fish oil every day, (2) reducing carbohydrates to extremely low amounts,, and (3) the importance of protein at every meal.
The other item I have learned is the importance of strength / weight training to overall health.
What’s next for you:
Focus on strength which provides incredible confidence.
Focus on stress reduction through intense workouts, a large shot of endorphins and help with supplementation.
Renewed focus on body composition.
What would you be willing to tell others about your experience with us:
I am not the most obvious client for UP. I am a female who is well over 29. I also have some joint problems that restrict the variety of exercises available to me. However, I always feel welcome at UP Fitness. I make monthly progress on the weights I am capable of working with and am slowly feeling better and stronger and healthier.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs