I had been very active in my teens being a county level swimmer and judo player, however at a combination of university then a demanding career working long hours had meant that any exercise and visits to the gym were sporadic. I had always planned to get round to training specifically for physique, however something had always got in the way and whenever I did manage to go to the gym for any period of time because I had little dietary knowledge I just ended up looking bigger, not toned. At the end of 2008 I had started wearing 36” trousers and made a new years resolution to get the body I’d wanted since my early twenties, I weighed fifteen and a half stone. I started running and cutting out take away and junk food and by the summer had lost nearly two stone. This gave me the motivation to rediscover the goals I’d had for nearly a decade to get toned, but due to many failed past attempts I knew I needed some proper help and advice. I spent a lot of time searching on the internet searching for suitable trainers and gyms, and I contacted Ultimate Performance after reading about Nick Mitchell’s coaching of Wesley Doyle to MH cover model proportions.
What do you feel that you have achieved:
I am extremely happy with the body I achieved with UP in just 12 weeks, I am 33 years old and had never seen the vaguest glimpse of my abs before. My sense of confidence and inner satisfaction increased significantly. I now appreciate that my body can do amazing things, and far from resting on my laurels I have gained a sense of knowledge and confidence to continue training to and achieve even bigger goals.
What have you learned:
I have learnt a huge amount about my diet, I have a much fuller understanding of what how to eat a balance diet and most of all to control my carbs! In terms of the diet a big challenge was how to make the foods interesting, my skills in cooking without carbs increased and made the whole process much easier. I have appreciation of a whole new sport and have found a whole new hobby.
What’s next for you:
My main goal is maintenance in the first instance, to keep the body I have achieved. I have also become aware of my body shape and my goals have moved from simply wanting to be toned with less body fat, to now working on achieving goals relating to proportions and symmetries in my muscular definition.
What would you be willing to tell others about your experience with us:
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with UP, the professional approach, limitless knowledge on diet and training techniques as well as always feeling welcomed. I really found benefit from having the continued support from Nick as well as Richard my trainer throughout the 12 weeks, and plan to keep in touch with them both in the future for individual sessions and consultations for advice and support on my new training goals.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs