If you want to make a big change to your life there is no better place than Ultimate Performance.
London company boss Dickie came to UP to ‘go big’ and transform his life after there was a shock death in the family.
The 41-year-old, who runs an events firm, hadn’t done any exercise in a year and a half and admits he was feeling fat and unhealthy.
But coming to UP he achieved the huge change he wanted and in just 12 weeks he got himself in the best shape of his life.
He lost 8kg and almost halved his body fat from 19.4% to 10.9% in that short space of time, while developing a knowledge of nutrition and some healthy habits to keep him in shape for life.
“My expectations were it was going to be the hardest training I’d ever done and my motivation was to make a big change in my life following an unexpected death in the family,” he explains.
“I hadn’t exercised for 18 months so I felt like a fatty, but I was mentally and emotionally prepared to go big which I think was probably a pre-requisite for doing this course.”
Before starting the 12-week transformation, Dickie says his diet wasn’t drastically unhealthy, but he just enjoyed alcohol and treats a little too much.
His UP trainer helped him clean up his eating and get some structure into his meals with an intelligent nutrition plan that got him super-lean.
“My diet was okay although, I drank too much and ate too many pastries, chocolate and bread. But I gave up drinking and stuck to the diet 85-90% of the time.”
Dickie says this had a profound effect on his health, performance and energy levels both inside and outside the gym. It also helped him develop some know-how on how to make simple food interesting and tasty so healthy eating became more of a lifestyle.
This has meant he has been able to find balance in his diet after his transformation which makes these big changes more sustainable into the future.
Now he has completed this 12-week journey, he can relax knowing that he can maintain what he has achieved.
“It has changed me from thinking about being healthy. I’ve relaxed off it and not doing enough exercise but I’ve only put on 5lbs and I am stable at that. I’m also not drinking during the week.
“In fact, I’ve developed an allergy which can only be bread, alcohol or my cat…I’m going cold turkey on all (well not the cat) for a month to find out what it is.
“I’ve given up drinking beer which I’m sure isn’t good for me.”
He was thrilled with the results he achieved at UP, saying: “I was happy I did 85-90% of the maximum I could have achieved and that was good enough for me.”
One of the key things that helped him achieve his impressive transformation results was the partnership between himself and his trainer.
UP’s elite trainers take a holistic approach to client transformations – not just training and nutrition, but optimising lifestyle, stress, sleep and many more factors.
But ultimately Dickie says it comes down to the synergy between client and trainer to achieve the best results.
“My relationship with my trainer JP was the main thing – carrot and stick, technique on resistance training, and the diet was a big thing.
“I would recommend UP as it’s hardcore, no prisoners and they are focussed on pushing you to get you where you need.
“Everyone is very friendly and there is a sense you’re all in it together. It’s all about the relationship with your PT ultimately.”
If you want exceptional results in the fastest time possible, talk to us about our Personal Training Plans…
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs