A new baby, a new job and a move to a new country layered with excessive drinking and eating left Dan overweight and unhealthy.
He continued to ignore the obvious and lived with waist-pinching trousers until one day he had to face up to the problem.
Dan had an epiphany when he saw his first Father’s Day photo with his son and couldn’t bear to look at it.
That’s when he signed up to Ultimate Performance Dubai and put his health in the hands of the experts.
Thirteen weeks later and over 15kg down, Dan looks and feels like a man transformed.
He feels like he has future-proofed himself for life as a new dad.
“My work colleagues hadn’t seen me for a long time, and one day I walked in and waved at someone I have worked with for many years, and he just walked straight past me. That was quite something.
“My transformation has been well received by friends and family. It’s like getting recognition for all the hard work I have put in. It’s been pretty cool.”
While it has been a whirlwind few weeks for Dan in making his incredible change, he took away knowledge and tools that he can keep for life.
“Some people would identify U.P. transformation as a short-term or medium-term change. What I have experienced is a complete reinvention of myself; it’s a new me.
“You get the support for fitness and eating, but in terms of the benefits coming from that – my skin’s cleared up, the irritable bowel stuff is gone, I don’t get any bloat. And it’s awesome considering what I came in for – which is a better physique.
“You get all these extra benefits, and the learning side is unbelievable. You future-proof yourself!
“It’s not about a short-term transformation; I know how to look after myself now.”
While Dan is enjoying his new-found fitness and revelling in all the compliments coming his way, he rates the knowledge he gained at U.P. as the biggest benefit of his investment.
“At U.P., you get out what you put in. Everything is set up to help you now and beyond training.
“It’s not just about coming in through the door, doing a session, and leaving. Here the support is phenomenal even outside the gym.”
“You are going to learn to look after yourself. You question everything when you are out for dinner or going through your daily routine, and you start to make good healthy choices.”
“Even during the training, you are not just lifting weights; you are picking your trainer’s brain. We are talking the whole time, questioning, and learning. So, if you are really paying attention, you can lock down this knowledge forever.”
What made Dan’s journey such a success was the strong partnership with his trainer and the support of the whole team at U.P.
“What I loved about U.P. was the process and working with the team. You know you go to other gyms, and you pay your P.T., you go in and go out, and you feel a bit tired and feel that you have had a decent session. Whatever.
“Here, you become part of something bigger than just training. You do make friends, and it’s not just your coach, it’s the other trainers on the floor and other clients, and you realise very quickly that everybody there wants you to succeed.
“You are doing that last rep on that last set, and there are people around you encouraging you; wanting you to get through that. That’s what’s different!
“Everybody, there is doing the same thing, working towards the same goal, and that is such an amazing thing.”
BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF. SEE HOW A PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME WITH U.P. CAN GET YOU THERE…
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs