Mark had hit rock bottom with his health and fitness after being struck down by a crippling condition which left him in constant pain.
Formerly super-fit and healthy, Mark saw his active lifestyle grind to a halt three years ago when he was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis.
The chronic condition led to the rapid breakdown of his muscles into his bloodstream and left him with pain 24 hours a day.
It was a long road to recovery, but when his body finally began to heal, doctors recommended exercise to build up his strength again.
So Mark entrusted his recovery to Singapore’s leading experts in personal training – Ultimate Performance.
“The goal was to get back to where I was before. So the biggest achievement was fully accomplishing that and even over-achieving in terms of strength, especially in my legs which are now stronger than they have ever been!”
Mark’s goal was to build back his strength and stamina, and U.P. created a bespoke training and nutrition programme that aligned perfectly with his needs.
He spent 19 weeks at our Singapore gym, slowly building his strength and muscle tissue back up, while also reducing his body fat.
“Before the injuries, I had an active lifestyle – going to the gym five times a week, doing yoga and other cardio-based exercises regularly. I felt strong and lean. And then all of a sudden, I developed these issues, and despite seeing 24 different doctors and multiple diagnostic tests over the course of two years, they could not figure out the root cause.”
“Over these 2-3 years, the pain was debilitating, and I was on painkillers throughout. I hadn’t exercised at all during this time, and I was at my weakest in terms of strength and overall fitness. My motivation while joining U.P. was to get back to the level of fitness I was at before the injury.”
GET YOUR OLD-SELF BACK WITH OUR PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAMME.
TELL US YOUR FITNESS GOALS AND WE’LL HELP YOU ACCOMPLISH THEM.
It was an extremely challenging project for Mark, as he had never before started training from such a weak position.
But U.P. used a measured and methodical approach to building back up his muscle strength.
His trainer’s collaborative approach kept Mark in control, and his understanding of the injury was instrumental in his problem-free journey back to peak fitness levels.
“It was a slow start as I was at a low point in my fitness. Even exercising for more than 20 minutes was hard but as soon as we got past that hurdle, muscle and strength started to build back up.
“I think it was also about getting started. For me, getting past the mental barrier of dealing with the pain, especially with the last few years of chronic injury, was a big barrier.
“Going forward now, I would like to at least maintain what I have achieved and further progress, breaking past plateaus.”
Get body transformation results that you can maintain for life.
Start personal training at U.P. today and become the ‘ultimate’ you.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs