When Jake was told his health was in danger by doctors, he knew he had to make big changes to his lifestyle.
Jake was told his cholesterol was very high and that fatty liver disease was beginning to set in.
The 39-year-old father was warned he faced a lifetime on medication if he didn’t change his ways.
This was the big wake-up call Jake needed to take back control of his health, his diet and his body.
Just twelve weeks later and Jake is in the best shape of his life after losing 14kg and reversing the fatty liver disease.
“My health is transformed. I dropped from a body fat percentage around 30 down to 10%. My cholesterol is back to normal and, according to the doctor, I’ve reversed the fatty liver disease.
“My energy is through the roof and I now jump out of bed in a morning. I can honestly say I’m in the best shape of my life.”
It was a trip to the doctors after feeling unwell which had started him on this journey back to optimum health.
Blood test results showed he had developed fatty liver disease, a condition which can put you at greater risk of cancer, heart disease and type-2 diabetes.
“The doctor sent me to the nutritionist and told that if in three months things don’t improve, I’d be on cholesterol medication for the rest of my life.
“It was a wake-up call and I’d been looking at U.P. Sydney on Facebook and wondered ‘what if?’”
When he came to U.P. Sydney to start his transformation his aim was simple – lose some weight and get his health.
“My goals were modest, to lose 5-6kg and get the cholesterol under control. But in 12 weeks, I lost 14kg and cholesterol is no longer a problem!”
Before he started, Jake felt tired all the time, sluggish and generally unwell. A big part of this was down to his diet and lifestyle in recent months due to a stressful life.
“I was eating way too much sugar, drinking too many coffees and eating takeaways and fatty foods.”
This quickly changed the moment he started working one to one with his personal trainer at U.P.
“Right away my trainer emphasized that nutrition was 80% of the battle. The eating plan was a very simple program with lean meats, loads of vegetables and nuts.”
The effect this had on Jake was incredible. His body changed before his eyes week to week until he had lost nearly three times his goal weight and lost two thirds of his body fat.
“The results were so much more than I could have imagined. I had modest goals when I started and blew them out of the water in the first four weeks.
“I started to believe the pictures on the U.P. results wall and I can honestly say I’ve achieved something similar.
“I couldn’t be happier with the results and I’m starting the next phase now.”
The education Jake received on diet and nutrition really helped change his lifestyle and reclaim his health.
“I believe that even though the gym workouts were intense, but I needed to change my eating and that’s what’s made the difference.
“It took real grit and discipline, not to mention planning meals and cooking every day, but it was worth it.
“The U.P. experience has literally changed my health and my life. I am now at the healthiest I’ve ever been and the knowledge especially around nutrition will help me stay healthy.”
Jake says the knowledge, support and guidance of his trainer really made the difference in building his incredible new body and saving his health from the clutches of chronic disease.
“They genuinely are there to help you succeed and guide and support you every step of the way.
“But they can’t do the heavy lifting for you. That’s up to you. But if you put in the work and eat the right foods and completely sell out to your goals and the journey, then results are 100% predictable.”
Inspired by Jake’s transformation? Fill in the form to find out more information or start your own journey..
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs