Winnie was originally set to grace the cover of Balance magazine, a leading wellness publication by charity Diabetes UK. Sadly, the plan was put off due to Covid lockdown restrictions.
While Winnie was denied her chance to become a magazine cover model, she’s still the best role model any diabetic could wish for.
“To have the opportunity to tell my story and therefore inspire people who might be reading Balance, who might be thinking ‘Okay, it’s time to make some shifts now. How can I do it?’ means the absolute world to me.”
“I’m so happy. I’m so proud of myself. Especially in the time of Covid, this makes me even more grateful for this decision I made a year ago to join U.P.”
When discussing the impact U.P. has had on her life, and how she’s now an inspiration to her community, Winnie couldn’t help but shed a tear of pride.
Being Type-1 diabetic in itself presented many complications, but it also put Winnie in one of the groups of people at higher risk of severe symptoms and health issues from coronavirus, so the lifestyle change has really made a huge improvement to Winnie’s quality of life.
“Honestly, every day I’m so thankful.”
“Why I’m so grateful is because for the first time of my life I’m not overweight. From a diabetes point of view, that’s made the absolute biggest difference to my blood sugar control but also from a Covid point of view.”
MEDICAL COMPLICATIONS SHOULDN’T STOP YOU FROM EARNING BIG WEIGHT LOSS RESULTS.
SPEAK TO US TO FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU ON YOUR FITNESS JOURNEY.
Looking at the new Winnie, it’s difficult to imagine that Type-1 diabetes was a hard reality that she had to face on a daily basis for a quarter of a century.
“I’ve been part of Diabetes UK for 25 years, ever since I was diagnosed, and I’ve been reading Balance magazine for 25 years so it means the absolute world to me that I get the opportunity to help my people, my diabetes community through this – through the actions I’ve taken.”
“I would not have been able to do it without U.P. so, first of all, I’m grateful that I made the decision to come to U.P. I’m grateful to my trainer and I feel like we are such a good match.
“I’ve made the progress I have because of him. But it’s not just my work with my trainer, it’s the whole environment at U.P., it’s everybody! There’s this inclusiveness, this collaboration, and this championing that, for me, has absolutely encouraged me and helped me to keep going, and I look forward to coming back and being in that environment again. I really do.”
For Winnie, gaining control of her diabetes is only the first step to a new beginning.
No doubt her U.P. body transformation has given her a new lease of life, but she’s not stopping here. Now that she’s fully equipped to keep up the change, Winnie’s looking to go on and motivate more people to do what she’s done.
“I, for one, will never stop extolling the virtues of U.P.”
“Balance readers are going to receive benefits from what I’ve transformed, what I’ve changed, and what I’ve learnt in my journey at U.P., so thank you so much.”
If you’ve been inspired by Winnie’s story to take up personal training, get in touch now to find out how you can join U.P. today.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs