Oats are an essential part of supercharging your workout because they are not only high in carbs and fibre, but also contain fats and protein.
What’s more, this Baked Berry Oats recipe mixes in fruits and nuts to make it the ultimate, all-natural start to your day.
Meal type: Breakfast
Protein: 1; Fruit: 0.5; Carbs: 1; Fats: 2; Serves: 2
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 x Personal Protein Portion of 0% fage Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 20g pecans
- 20g walnuts
- 150ml water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sweet cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 10 Sprays of fry light oil
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease a baking dish using fry light, make sure you cover the whole dish.
- Chop the walnuts and pecans into chunks.
- Mix together the nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, half of the berries, vanilla extract water and oats in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle a few of the berries on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the oat mixture, then sprinkle the remainder of the berries on top.
- Place into the oven for 20 mins until golden and warmed through.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt.
Didn’t get a chance to check out the recipe in our first email delicious, Minty Lamb Burgers? Click here for the recipe!