Looking and feeling great in a wedding dress is every bride’s dream.
But with four months until her wedding, Sarah wasn’t happy with the shape she was in and wanted to make a big change.
Sarah, who lives in London, says she didn’t feel good in her clothes and her diet was making her feel tired, lethargic and bloated.
But the change she wanted came almost instantaneously when she started her personal training programme with Ultimate Performance Mayfair.
Just 16 weeks later, Sarah completed a stunning transformation in time for her big day walking down the aisle.
“Before my transformation, I was a petite, ‘skinny fat Asian’ that hid my weight well,” she says.
“Now I look toned, fit and healthy – it is truly the best shape I’ve ever been in and I never thought I’d ever see my abs!”
She lost almost 10kg in weight and shed more than a third of her body fat during her UP training programme.
The biggest thing for Sarah has been the education she received at UP on the nutrition and training that works best for her body to stay in shape for life.
Read on as Sarah shares the biggest diet tips she learned and explains how she got in the best shape of her life in 16 weeks ready for her wedding…
What were your expectations starting at UP?
I didn’t have any expectations to be honest, and commenced training with an open mind.
I’ve had other personal trainers at boutique gyms in the past where I’ve achieved some short-term results, and I didn’t expect this to be any different.
I was getting married in four months which gave me a great target to work towards, but in general, I just wanted to be and feel healthier.
How were you feeling physically and mentally before starting with UP?
Tired, lethargic and generally unsatisfied with how I felt in my clothes.
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
I thought I was healthy!
But really, I would eat relatively healthily during the week, but, my weekends were filled with junk food and alcohol.
What would a typical day’s food look like before UP?
I’m Chinese and love Asian cuisine – noodles, roast pork, roast duck. Essentially, I ate whatever I craved at the time, and I felt quite bloated after most meals.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started with UP?
I became much more mindful of what I was eating and started to make better food choices.
I also started to want to make better choices and craving healthier options!
As well as changing what I ate, I also changed the number of meals I had each day, the time of day I was eating, and cut out the snacks between meals.
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy levels?
I just felt amazing! My skin cleared, I was visibly less ‘puffy’ and felt much more energetic and confident. I was very surprised at how quickly I started to feel different.
How did you find the training and fitting it around your busy lifestyle?
The training was tough, and I must be honest – going to the gym after work on a Friday when my friends were out drinking was difficult at first.
But, I loved that my trainer Reid taught me why we were doing the exercises and which combination of exercises were best.
I felt stronger with each session, really looked forward to the training and the results were motivation enough!
What were the most important things you learned during your transformation?
You need to make compromises; it takes hard work to get results and diet/nutrition is just as important as working out if you want to achieve your goals.
Would you recommend UP and why?
I would (and do!) recommend UP to everyone who really wants to make a change in their life.
UP, and in particular, my trainer Reid, were really supportive throughout, they created a plan that was perfect for my goals and they helped me every step of the way to achieve them.
I have never achieved anything close to the results I had over the last few months!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs