It’s not where you start that counts, it’s where you end up.
John has come an incredibly long way since the first day he walked through the doors at Ultimate Performance Mayfair.
Transforming his body, his fitness and his health must have felt like a Sisyphean task – he was seriously overweight, knew little about training and nutrition, and nothing he had tried got him the results he wanted.
But after 48 weeks working one to one with his UP personal trainer, Sean, and John says his life has changed beyond anything he could have imagined.
His body fat is a fraction of what it was, his weight is normal, he feels strong and looks great – a million miles away from the man he was less than 12 months ago.
When I started my transformation with UP, my body fat measured 35% – today it is just over 10%.
“I have lost over 20kg in weight and 35 cm from my stomach. In trousers, I have gone from a 36-inch to a 29-inch waist and t-shirts from a wildly optimistic ‘extra-large’ to a comfortable ‘small’.
Accordingly, everything is just so much easier – I get taken more seriously – clothes fit better – I can even bench press my wife!
It was a big step for John to take, starting a body transformation with UP, but it’s been an incredible journey that has changed the course of his life.
“It was tough even getting started,” John says.
“I had been living in France, so my biggest obstacle was being able to be in the country long enough to follow a program.”
I had seen the UP advertisement in British Airways’ High Life magazine and even got as far as enquiring about online training. But instead I opted to use a local personal trainer – first fatal error.
“Once I realised that I could position myself in London, I signed up at the earliest opportunity. I started the program with my trainer, at 8:15am on Wednesday 27, April, 2016.”
This first step was the biggest and most significant and marked the beginning of a 48-week mission to get in the best shape of his life.
It was somewhat of an eye-opener for John about where he was at with his health.
“First, I realised that I knew very little about nutrition and exercise and more importantly how results can only be achieved with the correct management of both.”
Secondly, the transformation pictures that UP publish are real. These people exist and although I had no idea how unfit and unhealthy I was, if I followed the program drawn up by my trainer, only positive things would happen.
“Throughout my transformation, my trainer has made changes and tweaks to my program to get the best possible result in the shortest timeframe. The concept of a diet break and a refeed day seemed completely ridiculous but they worked – I had to learn to do as I was told!”
It’s not just an incredible new physique that John has forged alongside his UP trainer.
The lifelong knowledge and education on eating for life and structuring his diet to stay lean and healthy for many years to come has been a huge benefit for John.
“My relationship with food has completely changed – everything is good in moderation; carbs and fat are no longer the work of the devil but there to be enjoyed and essential for a balanced diet.
“My life now has more structure – bad habits have been replaced with good ones – everything is more controlled and measured.”
UP has succeeded where everyone else has failed – it has been a truly life-changing experience, and I would thoroughly recommend UP. Four friends have started transformations with UP, two in Mayfair and two online and they are all loving the results so far.
“And most importantly, I got muscles!”
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs