It’s a common fitness myth that weight training makes women bulky. We’re here to bust that myth.
Those of you who follow Ultimate Performance know that we try to disprove this myth as often as possible so that women don’t miss out on the benefits of being stronger and healthier.
Read below for Ultimate Performance client Allison’s opinion about how weight training helped her get the body she wanted.
Were you initially hesitant about signing up for Personal Training?
The biggest obstacle was my fear of making a commitment. I am a strong believer in freedom. I find myself constantly doing whatever I want, so I was afraid that I couldn’t follow the diet.
What did you find as a result of Personal Training with Ultimate Performance?
The biggest result is my body transformation. I lost weight, my legs are toned, cellulite is gone, and my back muscles have developed. I feel more confident wearing a backless cocktail dress, and I am able to see my abs. I can fully enjoy the healthy lifestyle that I have. The meal plan by UP helped me get my diet on track without feeling hungry. Eight hours of sleep a night and exercise help me stay focused at work and while studying.
What did you like most about your journey with UP?
I feel more confident than I was. Accepting myself and being genuinely happy are the best benefits I received after I joined UP. Before that, I cared about what people thought of me. I had to be perfect all the time; but of course, we are not perfect. I became less sociable during the bad days. After 15 weeks’ training in UP, I realized that the process really is more important than the outcome, so I make sure I focus on the process all the time. I am able to always stay positive, to eliminate all the negative thoughts and self-doubts. I can be honest with myself and be okay with seeing my pre-transformation pictures, they make me understand that hard work really does pay off.
Do you feel you got any other benefits from your journey with UP?
Firstly, a sense of accomplishment; trainers from UP helped me get better results and kept me motivated in my workouts. I realized I am stronger than I think I am. I could finish challenging tasks with the guidance of my trainer. Secondly, a new circle of friends. I fell in love with weight lifting after joining UP. I met friends with the same passion. People with strong discipline tend to be more successful in work and other activities. Thirdly, making others around me more motivated for a healthier lifestyle. I am able to educate people around me about fitness and health, especially my family and friends, who have started eating less processed and unhealthy foods.
Would you recommend UP? If so, why?
I have already recommended UP to my friends! UP has the best personal trainers in the world with unique training methodology and skills. They try so hard to maximize the efficiency, and take everything seriously.
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I have to take this chance to thank my trainer Angela. She is strict, patient, and knows exactly when and how to push me. She also challenges me to challenge myself and think deeply about moving towards my goal. The path to become the person I want to be isn’t easy, especially in terms of fitness. I am so glad to have her as my instructor and friend.
If you’ve been inspired by Allison’s story you can sign up to receive more information using the form below or visit this page to read more about fat loss for women
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs