What were your motivations for starting a transformation?
I was inspired to start UP after seeing the changes my husband achieved whilst training there.
I wanted to lose weight and tone up, build strength, and improve my overall health.
Having never done this type of training before, I expected it to be an intimidating process but everyone at UP was incredibly welcoming and supportive.
How were you feeling physically and mentally before starting with UP?
It had been over a year since I’d last regularly gone to the gym and my fitness levels were definitely at a low.
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
My diet was inconsistent, and I tended to skip meals, often just having a coffee or tea instead of breakfast in the morning.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
I’ve learnt a huge amount about nutrition and the composition of the meals I should be eating.
Having my trainer tailor the macros specifically to my goals, together with the different food options to meet them, made it much easier to adapt.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
The training and diet were definitely a shock to the system at the start but soon became the ‘new normal’.
I’ve really enjoyed the training and looked forward to the sessions.
My trainer’s flexibility made it simple to re-schedule when needed but I tried to prioritise my training to help embed a permanent change in my lifestyle.
What were the most important things you learned during your transformation?
I was committed to making the most out of my time with UP, but the regular measurements and check-ins definitely help to keep you focused.
I found planning my meals for the week, and batch cooking helped to ensure I kept to my macros during busy weeks.
I didn’t have a lot of knowledge going into UP, so it’s been helpful to gain a better understanding of the exercises and correct form I should be using.
What was the one most important lifestyle change you made and how did it help achieve your transformation?
It’s difficult to isolate one lifestyle change as the most important. Instead, I’d say that it was a mindset change to fully commit to the process and to take responsibility for the decisions I was making on a day-to-day basis in relation to my diet and exercise.
That meant making fewer excuses and taking a more conscious approach to following the programme set for me; whether that was ensuring I made the time to meal prep after a long day, not drinking alcohol when out with friends, resisting temptation, or fitting in workouts in between my training.
I think this consistency helped to achieve the results, and as a previously ‘non-sporty person’ it’s genuinely led to a new-found enjoyment of exercise and training.
I’ve found myself prioritising it because I want to and not just because I should.
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
It’s fundamentally changed my approach to exercise and nutrition, and I can’t imagine going back to some of my old habits!
I’ve learnt a lot through my trainer Jayson’s coaching, and whilst there’s still much to learn, I’m looking forward to continuing to progress post-UP. It’s been a game-changer!
Would you recommend UP and why?
I would wholeheartedly recommend UP for anyone ready to make the commitment. They are fully invested in helping you reach your goals and pushing you to maximise your potential.
Inspired by Katie’s transformation? Fill in the form below to find out more information or start your own journey..
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs