Larry joined U.P. hoping for a transformation, but as he didn’t have any prior weight training experience, he didn’t really know what to expect.
“Last year, I gained so much weight, mainly on my stomach, that I started getting stretch marks on the side of my stomach, and I was not even comfortable wearing my own clothes.
“So I had a decision to make; either lose the weight, or buy new clothes, or figure out how to dress for the new body type.
“I just saw it was going to escalate and I didn’t want to have more health complications other than the ones I already had, like bad sleep, stretch marks, and just an overall unhealthy feeling.”
Weight training never really lit Larry up and he worried he would get injured.
But he slowly came around to seeing the benefits that could be achieved with as little as three hours training per week.
“I didn’t really like weight training too much because a lot of my friends who did weight training would get injured a lot, and so that’s why I focused more on doing other types of physical activities like MMA, but after a while that just took up too much time.
“So I knew that I wanted to get healthy, but I didn’t want to spend that much time investing in it, which was like seven days a week, almost.
“I knew if I wanted to get in better shape, I needed to lift weights, but my biggest concern was to avoid getting injured in the process.”
BODY TRANSFORMATION IS MORE THAN JUST A BETTER PHYSIQUE.
FIND OUT HOW OUR PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAM CAN IMPROVE YOUR LIFE IN ALL ASPECTS.
Larry was so convinced about the program that he undertook a long commute to participate in training sessions.
After his initial 12 weeks came to an end, he and his trainer came up with a work-out-from-home strategy that only required one in-gym session a week.
“What was great was that U.P. was just so flexible with making sure that I was able to get here and make sure that the timings worked for me.
“I feel working out from home is going well. I don’t push myself as hard as I would when I’m here at the gym at U.P. because obviously there’s nobody there to give you the extra motivation to get everything done.
“But everything else was laid out very simply. The whole plan was structured so well that I had no problem following it at all. I definitely feel like I have the tools to continue to work out on my own and keep the weight off, and if anything, keep progressing as far as the body fat and growing muscle is concerned.”
When asked to pick the biggest benefit of U.P.’s program, Larry surprisingly chose his improved sleep.
“The most life-changing thing about the process would definitely be the sleep.
“Before it used to take me like an hour, maybe two hours to sleep, and then I would just keep waking up in the middle of the night. Now I fall asleep in 5-10 minutes flat.”
While the improved sleep is undoubtedly great, Larry can’t deny that the new-found confidence he’s gained from looking his best has been equally enriching to his life.
“I feel great when I’m actually looking at myself, and I feel so comfortable that I don’t even think about it like I used to.
“How I looked was something that was always at the back of my mind. But now it’s like the stress has been lifted off my shoulders.
“It just feels great not to think about it or be self-conscious or anything like that because it’s something that I know I’m taking care of.
“The thing that kept pushing me through was my desire to be a better person and a better father. There’s a lot of things I wanted to do with my daughter and continue to do.
“Right before I started, we were joking around. I said ‘I know I got more muscles’, and my daughter was like ‘you got no muscles’. But recently I made the same joke, and she’s like ‘Oh, you know what? I think I see a muscle there now!”
We can help you take control of your life and live it to the fullest.
Join our personal training program today and start your own transformation.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you.
In the end the result is down to you.
Like these results? Send us your details in the form below to receive information about our programs